UR-NATUR Maria Alm: summer activities and excursions
Experience something new every day during your summer holidays in Maria Alm
The Hochkönig holiday region is located centrally, thus proving perfectly suitable for many trips throughout the entire province of Salzburg, Southern Bavaria and adjacent Tyrol as well as many other summer activities in Maria Alm.
You’ll certainly need more than your summer holidays in Maria Alm / Hinterthal to discover all sights around the apartment house UR-NATUR.
Excursions around Maria Alm and the neighbouring regions
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road: road construction masterpiece, impressive views of the Alps, the Grossglockner and the Pasterze. Visitors’ centre, sun terrace, gastronomy on the Franz-Josefs-Höhe.
- Krimml Waterfalls: astonishing waterfalls, hiking trail, interactive exhibition WasserWunderWelt.
- Salzburg, city of culture: worth a visit in any season. Numerous historical sights, such as abbeys, churches, Hohensalzburg Castle, Getreidegasse, zoo, castles in the surroundings.
- Zell am See: cute mountain town with historic core at Lake Zell, ideal for water sports
- Kaprun reservoirs: driving up to the reservoirs is an adventure in itself, the imposing dam is a sight to behold. Guided tours possible.
- Open-air museum Salzburg: old farmsteads, brewery, inn, water playground for children on a spacious forest and meadow area on the foot of the Untersberg. Crafts presentations, historic kermesse, various events. Horse-drawn carriage rides in winter.
- Ice giant world Werfen: largest ice cave of the Alps, right next door
- Hohenwerfen Castle: birds of prey show, historic festivals
- Swarovski crystal worlds in Wattens: crystallised dream of many artists, interactive stages, playground, new attractions every year.
- Innsbruck: Tyrol’s historic capital: “Schwarze Mander” at Hofkirche, Ambras Castle, charming historic town centre.
- Mittersill National Park Centre: lots of fascinating information about the natural and cultivated scenery of the national park (free admission with the Hochkönig-Card)
- Seisenbergklamm: natural monument in Weißbach bei Lofer, ideal starting point for numerous hikes
- Mountain pine distillery St. Ullrich
- Arthurhaus on the foot of the Hochkönig
Enjoy these and other sights near Maria Alm with your non-binding enquiry.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon at one of our first-class holiday apartments and gladly recommend you further summer activities around Maria Alm for the entire family.